I agree with you, and I'd like to add a few things.
1) Take away the sodas. Growing children need zero soda. None. Zilch. I've see 2 year olds asking for COKE!! (We didn't have any soda growing up and I wasn't overweight growing up either).
There are 7 teaspoons of sugar in one serving of a carbonated soda One serving of soda a day for 1 month totals 13 cups of sugar.
Did anyone read the Bristol paper regarding childhood diabetes? More and more kids are being diagnosed with Type II (used to be known as adult-onset diabetes).
2) Parents: McDonalds is not meant to be a regular source of food for your kids. There is no nutrition there. If you dont have time to cook a full meal dont feed your 9 year old a 10 piece chicken mcnugget meal instead. Once a month may be ok. Once a week is pushing it. Twice a week is just wrong.
3) The television is not your babysitter.
4) DO things with your kids. Set an example.




Bookmarks